Re: Tire Changing questions

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:57:43 +0200, "Clive Liddell"
<cliddell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> SNIP
> An unused BT54 (neglecting the black bag it's in):  6 kg = 13.2 lbs
> My rim doesn't have rotor attached and per ETK:   6.73 kg = 14.8 lbs
>
> Not quite a negligable total weight to have out of balance (IMO).
>
> Yes I agree, if you take the trouble to balance, then at least do it
> as well
> as you can...

Thanks for the data, Clive.

I quite agree.

If you will permit me, a little cross cultural off topic comment. I am
always bemused by the ease with which non-USAians are able to marshall
their maths training in support of their assertions.  On this side of
the pond, except for the engineering types, innumeracy reigns supreme!

cheers.... jack, '04 R1100SA, Waterford, Connecticut, U.S.A.