Re: Windshield for R1100R (2001)

I've got the Cee Bailey and the Aeroflow. Each is superior to either
the BMW stock or the Clearview shields for noise and turbulence. No
experience with the Plexistar. The Aeroflow is quieter than the Cee
Bailey, at the cost of very little cooling air on a hot summer day
(no problem - in two minutes you've got a naked bike). I think it's
the mid-height vent on the Aeroflow that makes the difference. The
Aeroflow is pretty expensive new, but I was lucky to find one used.
It's the only shield I found that  didn't force earplugs on me,
though the CB only makes them necessary for over 50-60 mph extended
riding.

Both shields seems of excellent quality in terms of strength and
clarity. I've read complaints that the Aeroflow can develop cracks
around the bolts holding the two halves of the shield together, but
mine doesn't have that problem.

Larry Mayer
96 R11R