Re: Cracked system bag hook

In a message dated 7/21/04 8:17:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
robert.silas@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Tony,
>  I had the same problem but I managed to repair it, so now it's better than
> OME.
>  Send me a picture off list, I may can help you.  I will send pictures too.
>  In case you'll buy a new one, it'll crack again. In my case the first time
> it was changed in warranty, I fixed it when broke second time.
>  robert.silas@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>  Bob

Permanent fix as follows.no more cracked rails/no more lost bags

you need to mount and center the bag(s),pull the wheel off,drill the bottom
bag mount right through the bag mount and the bike mount.get a clevis pin and
insert  pin  to secure the bag to the bottom guide /mount,giving your bag a 3
point fixed mount to prevent it from flexing / bouncing on the top rail....and
leaving the bike when you least expect it.easy to remove  when mounting and
much more secure when you have  overloaded your hardcases.
 bruce kramer