'94 R11RS's

Bob - I'm an "old guy" too if 55 is "old". Bought my RS new - in fact, I
pulled it out of the crate and put it together myself.  Actually - I tore
it apart first to add the RID (not available from the factory then), the
heated grips, the original $565 BMW alarm system, and replaced the
handlebars and front brake master cylinder, both of which had factory
updates stuck inside the shipping case with the bike!!  This was all done
at 000003 miles on the odo.  I had ordered an early Beta bike in turquoise
w/ matching saddlebags directly from Germany via Dickinsons BMW in western
N.Y. (now gone).  The German R11RS bikes had 2mm larger intake and 1mm
larger exhaust valves, just as the early R100RS had - the so-called 40mm
bikes.  I had one of those also.  My R11RS bike still looks like new.  This
one will never be for sale - we're really best friends after covering all
of the US and most of Canada several times, always alone.  When I retire it
will go in my living room.  I live in western N.Y.near Rochester - member
of the Finger Lakes BMW Club.

Gary Bechtold
'94 Beta RS
tyrohustler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx