Re: Computer Reset

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:33:53 -0400, you wrote:

>Does anyone have the link or instructions for reseting the computer on
>the bikes to clear fault codes?  Can you read the codes?
>
>How about that throttle reset where you twist the throttle three times?
>  Does it work?
>
>I have just worked on a '02 RT with a friend.  The only way we could
>stop the surge was to pull the cat code plug.  Then after 8 miles of
>smooth riding, the surge came back like turning on a light switch.  I
>suspect a fault code is being set and would like to clear the codes and
>to a full reset on the computer.
>
>Any advise?

If I'm not mistaken, pulling the fuse to the monotronic will clear the
fault codes.  I know it covered in Haynes.

After you make any changes to the cat code, you need to pull the fuse
for the change to take affect.

Also the IBMWR hasa page on it:

http://www.ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/R11-motronic.shtml