  From: Joe Kiefer
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 7:43 PM
  Subject: RE: oilheads-digest V1 #276

  I bought a R1100RT new in 2000.  I change the oil and filter (Mobil 1 15w50)
  every 3000 miles.  I now have 29,000 miles on the bike and have never needed
  to add any oil between changes.  I would estimate it only uses about 8 - 10
  ounces between changes.  I could probably go 9000K without adding oil and
  the synthetic would still be good but I feel better with 3000 mile changes.
  The bike runs great and according to my GPS (speedo error reads 3-4 mph
  high) has been up to 130 mph.  My only grip is that it pulls to the right.
  I lost the war trying to get that fixed.  I still love the bike.

  Joe
  Houston, TX