Re: Foamy oil

Dean,  The oilheads have a few surprises for guys like you.  One is
that the engine oil tends to hang up in the oil coolers, so that when
you change the oil, you maybe didn't really get it all out.  So you
overfilled the bike by quite a bit and churned up the oil.

I'm not real familiar with the GS arrangement, but on the RS you need
to have the bike fully warmed up.  Then on shut down, you put it on the
side stand for a while to get the oil to drain from the cooler.  Then
move to the center stand and to the oil change.

In general, you want to get two or three consistent low readings before
assuming that you really need to add oil.

I don't think the GTX oil would be the problem.  I use Mobil 1 15-50
without any issues.

Does this explain your foaming?
There is a bunch of oilhead tuning stuff on the ibmwr site.  Check it
out for the filter relocate and so on.

Bob Hadden '98RS, '62R27