tank slapper update

Howdy all. If you guys remember back in June on my way to Mid-Ohio for AMA
vintage days, my recently rebuilt Works Performance front shock blew all its oil
out in under a mile. With the front end pogoing I hit a lengthwise crack in
the road and it thru the frontend into a nasty tankslapper. I was able to
recover before crashing. This cut the trip short and made me leary of riding the
bike ever again. My finances are stable but do not allow me to buy a new bike, I
was scared enough to never ride my RS again. After a couple of weeks I
swapped back to the OEM shock and took the bike for a spin. Outside the shock being
wore out and saggy, the bike rode well. I was in a nervous sweat that took a
few miles me to calm down and enjoy the ride. I took a couple more weeks for me
to get around to shipping the shock back to works with a letter of my
displeasure. Well they fixed the shock and shipped it back for free after a chat with
my wife(she can be convincing).
All said and done it is nice to have the bike back to its former glory! Just
in time for the season to end up here in Michigan. My hat is off to WP for
keeping behind their product.
I have about 70,000 miles on these shocks and just rolled over 91,000 miles
on the bike overall.

Steve Szelestey
Shelby Twp, MI
94 R1100RSL