Re: ABS Reset

Sam,

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:01:28 -0400 Sam <samnt650@xxxxxxx> writes:
<<<  Does anyone know how to retrofit such feature on the non-GS bikes?

I don't know if that can be done, but here is how to disable your ABS:

With the ignition key in the OFF position, depress and hold the starter
button.  Start the bike by turning the ignition ON and releasing the
starter button as you normally would.  That initiates and ABS fault, so
your ABS will not engage until you reset the ignition key and start the
bike in the traditional manner.  You can also restart the bike in this
mode if the engine dies assuming you don't reset the ignition key.

This is how we disable the ABS to participate in the MSF rear brake
lockup exercises.

Robert Munday...   Montgomery, AL    `98 R11CHP    `95 R1100RSL
ABC #3783    Village Idiot    Rolling Broccoli Rider    BOOF #131
Oilhead #1561
Nebraska Nightriders    Big Sioux Riders    Indy BMW Club    Beemer Hill
Riders
Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation    Keeper Of The List    *Iron Bunny*

... on a mission in Indianapolis, Indiana

Now includes pop-up blocker!