Re: newbie

gator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
 > Hello, I am new here just bought a 2000 r1100rs. First oilhead but I have
 > several airheads. Couple of quick questions anybody using an Autocom or
 > similar unit if so where did you mount it? Is there like an archive of
 > good tips?

I used an Autocom AVM for a while.   I mounted the unit under
the saddle.   I may have a picture somewhere...   Ahh, here we go.

	http://www.snafu.org/pics/r1150rt/p-2002-Jun-06-001.jpg

The little box to the right of the AVM was a home built interface for
my Valentine One.

I gave up on the AVM when I got a new helmet.  I didn't like it enough
to warrant the work required to install the speakers.   Today I prefer an
ipod in tank bag connected to custom earplugs with built in transducers.
Of course that doesn't help if you want intercom functions.

// marc