Re: RS and "bozos"

In a message dated 11/1/04 12:36:10 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<<Another possibility is that  BMW provided 4 bogus rebuilt transmissions.
Not  likely.>>

Actually, highly likely. They had real  serious problems with the rebuilding
work. I don't know who did them, but they  sucked. I opened one "rebuilt" one
and found a gear dog sheared off, and no  shims on two shafts. At least they
took out the broken off part of the  gear.

When they first had troubles with the M93 and  M94 gearboxes, I think they
contracted someone in the USA to do the rebuilds,  overseen by BMW NA. Big
mistake. All they were interested in was getting the  boxes out the door.

Tom Cutter