Re: R1100S hard bags

In a message dated 12/8/2004 9:47:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Clive Liddell" <cliddell@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>Paige, you say "then with short bolts".  I found them to be rather longer
>than they appear.  I don't have details right now but recall a length around
>25 or 30mm and 5mm dia, again working from memory??

I guess short is a relative term... perhaps biased by ones own "very presonal" measuring stick....LOL...  But you are right they would appear that 3/8" long ( sorry I'm not metric based) would be more than enough but there is quite a bit of thickness on the bottom of the bags with that interlocking channel etc.

I guess one could even use wing nuts for maximun changability but I can see them catching on everything in the bags....  I'm sure that any changing out of the bag lids are sure to involve more than one trip to the hardward store and more than one six pack...

paige