Re: Valve Adjustment

Marc,
FWIIW, I moved from a '95 1100GS to a '04 R1150GS Twin Spark. Yes, the newer
model has much smoother throttle control and response. In addition, as noted
on an earlier post, TB adjustment on the '04 with a Twin Max is quicker and
easier due to a lesser degree of needle fluctuation compared with the 1100.
Whether that is due to the presence of the extra spark plug in each head or some
other change such as throttle cable design, I don't know. All I know is that the
Twin Spark '04 is worth the price of admission. With only 40K on the
odometer, I figure it's good for another 2-3 years before I upgrade to the 1200GS.
Gary Prickett
Mission Viejo, CA