ABS & Servo Brakes

Gents:

I put 60K on my '99 RT in all kinds of conditions at all kinds of speeds.
It never helped except when I paniced and hit the rear brake really hard in
an emergency.   A couple times made me worry because it would shut down the
brake system as I hit a bump stopping for an intersection.

The new RT, with the servo system is a whole 'nuther story.   I didn't like
the servo system at first, but now I really like it.  After it broke in a
bit, it wasn't so grabby.  I also got used to the feel of these brakes.
The best thing about them is that they work Right Now and you can really
stop the bike with two fingers, even in a panic.  The system puts the
braking where it's needed, so you seldom get into the ABS.   This servo
system, combined with the 3rd generation ABS, do make a difference and I
avoided a big impact by stopping unbelievably fast and being able to
maneuver around a problem.    These new brakes are great.   Wish they could
get rid of the noise the servo makes.

The new 1200GS uses and probably the new RT and ST will use this.  It not
only works amazingly well, but it saves about 5 lbs over the old ABS system.

- -TB