Re: ABS & Servo Brakes

Tom Brown wrote:
> Gents:
>
> I put 60K on my '99 RT in all kinds of conditions at all kinds of
> speeds. It never helped except when I paniced and hit the rear brake
> really hard in an emergency.   A couple times made me worry because it
> would shut down the brake system as I hit a bump stopping for an
> intersection.

Hello Tom!

How do you know that the ABS has _never_ helped you (except in that
one occasion)?

I have a 98 RT and I can really step on the rear brake on a new wet
pavement and I can't tell if the ABS is working. The only clue is that
the rear doesn't lock.

Even though I cant tell for sure that the ABS has even engaged some
times I can tell that I would have been in big trouble if I would have
been riding my previous bike (Honda VF500F).

/Timo R1100RT