Re: R11RS Windshield

I don't have any experience with the Dolphin windscreen, but I thought
I remembered seeing an ad for it. I went to Google and put in "dolphin
r1100rs." Unfortunately, one of the colors for the RS was Dolphin blue,
so I got too many hits.

Putting "windscreen" in didn't help much because it seems like there
were many dophin blue RS's out there with windscreens. I went to the
Google "advanced search" page and put "blue" in the "without the words"
field.

That did it. I got one hit. Here's the website...
http://www.ztechnik.com/products/index.html

They use frames, so it's hard to point you to the page in context, but
here is the individual frame with pictures and description of the
Dolphin for an RS...
http://www.ztechnik.com/products/html/z2200.html

I've had good luck with a Wudo windscreen. The screen isn't tall enough
to route the air over my helmet (I'm 6' and have the seat up all the
way), but I can set it so the air is above my chin, eliminating most
buffeting.

My Wudo came from Cascade BMW, but their web page doesn't seem to be
there. I found the screen over at...
http://www.wudo.com

It's another site with frames. Here's the individual page with the
screen...
http://www.wudo.com/store/index.cfm?
action=cat.prodInfo&productID=1022&categoryID=27

While looking for that one, I found this page where someone is testing
windscreens for his RS...
http://grumpy-c-bear.org/Bike/R11RSWindScreens/

He tried chopping down the original and also tried an AeroFlow and
Wudo. As he says, the Wudo is a keeper.

Take care.

Karl