RE: R1150R Parabellum and Techlusion questions

I'm a bit late in getting to this thread, but it still seems to be alive.
Peter Migli asked:

> I have just recently purchased a 2002 R1150R, ...

Well done.  I ride one myself.

> First:  I am interested in possibly installing a Parabellum Super Tour
> Shield.  I am 6'00" tall, with a 32" inseam, so I was specifically
> considering the 23" "tall" model.  I have read some comments about
> increased buffeting, and others about no buffeting at all.  I suppose
> the truth lies somewhere in between.  My bike currently has the BMW
> Sport Shield.  Can anyone comment as to the difference in wind noise
> between that and the Parabellum model.  Are there other issues of
> concern with the Super Tour Shield?  Would those of you who have one
> buy another one, if necessary?

I've never ridden with the Sport Shield, so I can't comment on the
difference.  I mounted a Parabellum Super Tour on my beakster, though,
before '02 was out, and have never since felt that I wanted to remove it.
Great windshield.  It sounds like I'm perhaps a tad shorter in the trunk
than you, and have been very happy with the standard size.  I used to feel
that it was a disadvantage that the mounting brackets occupied space that
could otherwise be used by GS handguards, but during one of my battery
episodes a hamfisted towtruck operator radically modified the brackets and
it didn't seem to matter.  I straightened them out, but if I decided to try
the handguards now, I wouldn't hesitate to gently bend them as needed.

	- Martin
- --
Martin Lodahl of Auburn, CA
lodahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx