Re: Kickstand down bike shuts off?

On 1/28/2005 11:18 AM, BobFV@xxxxxxx wrote:
> BTW this safety feature is easily defeated by unplugging the little
> electrical wire at the top of the kickstand.

Not a good idea. This allows you to put the bike in gear and ride off
with the sidestand down, as far as the first left turn. Not that any of
the skilled near-professional riders on this list would ever do such a
thing, of course.

The better solution is to make the modification so ably and clearly
described in this erudite and multiply-cited IBMWR tech page:

http://ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/run_on_sidestand/sidestand_start.shtml

BTW, I have been told that this mod works on R1100RSes as well as on
R1100RTs.

- --
David E.B. Smith * Chicago IL 393 455 * BMWMOA BMWRA IBA AMA ABATE
1997 R1100RT Sine(us) Blue "No name" * Illinois IBMWR plate * 01, 03 IBR
1999 F650 Black (hers - no, really)
1999 Subaru Forester S "also a Boxer"
http://www.davidebsmith.org