RE: Kickstand down bike shuts off?

A little additional information that may not be common knowledge but BMW
automotive part # 61-12-1-459-998 is a jumpered plug which fits the
connector to the sidestand switch.  Makes it easy to bypass the switch
either due to a failure or preference and return to normal operation at a
later point.

Davis Eichelberger