Re: Octane? Tachron in Water Torture?

It is nice to read two completely incorrect  analyses of use of octane rating
as aopplied to internal combustion engines.  Both begin with an incorrect
assumption adn make a series of statements that go  downhill from there.

The internet is full of  information that is FACTUAL about octane ratings and
how they are derived and  how gasoline manufacturers make gasoline of
different octane ratings. It is  pretty heavy chemistry, not just slow burn rate.

May  I suggest some homework, gentlemen?

Ben, I'm surprised  at you. Usually you have some pretty good basic science
behind your  non-mainsteam ideas, reflective of careful research and analysis.
This time you  fired without looking, it  seems.

I AM NOT a petroleum  engineer, nor do I ever hope to be one. But when I
needed answers to the octane  questions 25 years ago, I spoke to petroleum
chemists and engineers, and learned  more than I can now remember. And it was NOT
that octane is  slow-burn.

Tom Cutter