Aftermarket Seat Inquiry

Hello All,

I think I'm finally going to break down and go with an aftermarket seat on
my '01 GS. I've ridden the stock seat to Baja, Canada, etc., and that includes
a  1300 mile day in the saddle. I don't want to do that kind of a day on the
stock  seat again.

Obviously, comfort is the name of the game, but I want something that will
allow me to use the OEM rear seat as well, although most of my riding is done
with that seat removed. I also don't mind paying a little more if a less
expensive seat comes with crappy customer service. Another GS rider said he  loved
his Sargent, but some have told me the Sargent is too wide at times.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Brian in Boulder