RE: R1150R Highway Pegs

I have something similar and I can categorically say that dropping it didn't
really cause a problem with the bolts.  What happened was I was turning left
from a stop sign.  The bike, tires and asphault were still very cold (27F
morning).  I goosed it off the stop, the rear wheel went sliding and the
bike went down on the left side.  Then it bounced over to the right side.  I
couldn't believe I had minor damage on BOTH sides of the bike.  I suspect
the left peg caught and catapulted the bike over on the other side.

I still have the pegs and I live in FL now, so no more 27F mornings.

YMMV

LindaT.
www.CustomTankBags.com
Hollywood, FL
IBA,BMWBMW,AMA
'99 R1100RT Mr Buzzy
'95 F3 Purple Haze
'00 KLR250 Super Sherpa Tenzing

Peter Migli asked:

I am considering installing a set of Hawks Products highway peg
brackets on my R1150R.
http://www.hawksproducts.com/index.html

Have any of you experienced any problems with this type of bracket?  In
particular, I am concerned about using the valve cover bolts for
something other than their original intended use.