Re: BMW in Cycle World...

I'm on my 6th bike sine 1983, but my first BMW (R1100S). HP is interesting, but tourque is most useful. HP makes for high top end speeds, but torque makes for acceleration. With most speed limits below 75 mph, most of my riding is done at reasonable speeds. Being able to pull cleanly out of corners, with torque, allows one to go fast in the twisties. A stable chassie helps a bunch

As my mechanic told me, BMW has function over form. I like the function of torque.