Re: Is everyone out riding?

Well John,  A lot of riding going on, that's for sure.  But there is
another thing that has happened over the last year or so.  And that is
that we all got our oil heads running really good.  So no real problems
to report, or generate controversy.

I can offer some comment about my 1200GS, however.  This is a really
good bike.  I am having to learn to love it like I loved the 1100RS,
but I think it will become just as good for me with some more seat
time.  or the first 600 mile break in period, the motor burned almost
no oil.  Since then (now about 1500 miles), after every ride the oil is
at the bottom of the glass.  I am pushing the motor more to finish ring
seating, but am beginning to wonder if something was done at the
service to cause this.  Bike runs good though, and is getting a solid
46 mpg.  Or perhaps evan a bit more.

This weekend is my first camping  trip with the new bike.  That should
be fun.  We'll see how much I can pack on the big back rack.

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27