Re: Starter noise

Fred,  My brother had starter troubles with is '97RS, but they were in
the motor.  I just want to alert you to the fact that there are other
starter options should you decide to replace the starter.  He got a
unit at about half the price of the OEM, and it's a better starter.  If
you need details just post and I'll get the source for you.

Sounds to me like your starter just needs a lube job on the engaging
slide, but I have never had one of these off of the bike to know what
it looks like.

Bob Hadden