Re: decals

- -----Original Message-----
From: Martin Lodahl <lodahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 15 May 2005 12:05:58 -0700
Subject: RE: decals

> After a certain point in time, I start to become concerned about
> softening the paint...

I'd also be a bit concerned about the solvent I was using softening the
plastic wrap.  That too could make a bit of a mess.

The paint is catalized so it is durable to chemicals but I bet brake fluid still will do it in.
Mineral spirits is pretty safe and I think Goo-gone is mostly that.

I had a master cylinder leak on my 96 rt right on to the paint it puckered the paint, I thought for sure it would have to be repainted, but I left it alone and it hardened back up with no after affect. I still can't believe it.