RE: BMWs In The News

The indispensable Robert Munday favored us with:

> Did you hear about the guacamole truck that spilled its load in
> California?  CHiPs showed up minutes later.

Also in today's news, at least in the Sacramento (California) Bee, is the
almost incredible story that the State of California is suspending the
present contract under which the CHP is buying R1150RTP's because Harley
Davidson feels that the CHP's requirements, which they could not meet, were
rigged to make BMW the only choice.  I suppose they feel it's easier to hire
lawyers and lobbyists than to develop an ABS system that works.  It's going
to be grimly interesting to see how this plays out.

	- Martin
- --
Martin Lodahl of Auburn, CA
lodahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx