Re: [BMWMc] Re: Requesting GSP Waypoints for BMW bike repair shops

Hello Mick,

Mick  <bmwmick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>I'm planning a motorcycle trip from Ontario, Canada to visit a friend in
>>Florida, and it occurred to me that it would be handy to have a list of
>>BMW
>>bike service centers, just in case on-road repairs are needed.
>>
>>Sooooo, do any of you good folks have a list of BMW bike service centers,
>>preferably with GPS co-ordinates, and even better, already in a format
>>that
>>can be read by Garmin's MapSource desktop software? Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve,
>   Try this site:
> http://www.mistergizmo.com/bmwdealerlocations.htm
> It is linked from our IBMWR site.

Bingo! That's the ticket. BTW, the page you sent me to includes a download
from "Gaylord McCurdy" who actually created the Garmin (and other format)
waypoint file. The Mr Gizmo site is a derivative of that, and it may be less
up-to-date. I did a Google search and found McCurdy's own site at:
   http://gmccurdy1.home.att.net/Dealers/Dealers.html
I figured that the originator of the data is more likely to have the latest
version. I imported the data into my desktop software and it works nicely.
All the waypoints start with "BMW," so they are grouped. There is no
indication if it's a car shop, bike shop, or mix, though.

Many thanks, once again.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada