Re: Silver is NOT a high-vis color

- -----Original Message-----
From: Robert Silas <robert.silas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:27:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Silver is NOT a high-vis color

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind
Bob Silas
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: BobFV@xxxxxxx
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:07 AM

  I once heard that silver bikes are involved in more accidents because they
  are less visible - this was what an MSF instructor mentioned during a course,

  but I think it was an anecdote and not part of the curriculum.  I have  always

  assumed it could be true.

I once had a baby blue ford, that appeared to be nearly invisible.  Everybody pulled out in fornt of me, the next car was flame orange and no one ever pulled out infront of me.  Color make a difference, I don't thin it does as much on a motor cycle since there is so much less of it.