whine and cheesy reply

My bike has developed a whine between 55 MPH and 65 MPH.  Above and bolow
that speed it sounds normal.  It's an R1100RT 2000 with 48,000 miles.  The
speed of the engine has no affect on the whine and it's the same in either
fourth or fifth gear.  The wheels spin freely and smoothly and don't seem to
have a wheel bearing problem.  What else should I check?

Could be tyre noise, my $.02. If noise goes away as soon as you back off
throttle it a metal problem instead of rubber. Either way not to worry I
always stop to assist BMW riders on the side of the road.

Rob Eggers
"It's better to try and fail than to succede at not trying."