Re: RTP

I'm sure the shop manual is the ultimate in correct information but for the level of wrenching most people will do, I doubt that they will "destroy" thier bike with anything they would normally run across for normal every day maintanence.  But yes it is always to double check before putting 300 ft-lbs of torgue because of some typo.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Tpcutter@xxxxxxx
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:24:45 EDT
Subject: Re: RTP

In a message dated 8/7/05 3:59:14 PM Eastern  Standard Time, plpklt@xxxxxxx
writes:
<<The Hayes manual is superior to  the shop manual,  I have the shop manual
and it leaves more out than it  addresses.  I think it assumes you have been to
BMW repair  class.   The manual is more technical than you will ever need. It
also  comes with a hard cover, for a lot less money.  >>

Thee are a LOT of errors and just plain  misinformation in the Haynes and
Clymer's manuals. Enough so that you could  destroy your motorcycle if you slav
ishly followed either manual. Sorry, I give  Haynes "thumbs down".

Tom Cutter
Yardley, PA
Rubber Chicken  Racing Garage
Your source for Wilbers Suspension, JL Paralever  Bushings
Full Transmission and Engine Rebuilding  services
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com