Re: Introduction

Hello Cess and list,

From: <Tpcutter@xxxxxxx>

> In a message dated 8/25/05 3:47:26 AM Eastern  Standard Time,
> cdegroot@gmai
> l.com writes:
> <<Anyway, here I am, boxer  lover, oilhead newbie, planning not to wrench
> too much - the BMW dealership  is not even half a mile from my house
> and I need the bike to commute, it's my  only transport - but still
> craving for knowledge about the new  machine.>>
>
> Welcome aboard, Cees. There are a few  names here that may already be
> familiar to you...
>
> We  do not have anywhere near the amount of list traffic here, nor the
> level
> of  intense Oilhead expertise that you found on the AirList. The really
> good
> Oilhead  mechanics are still working in dealerships and too busy to post
> to the
> net.  Also, lots of Oilhead ownes are members of the "beeg" list, the
> IBMWR
> and  IBMWR-Tech lists, so that dilutes participation a bit.
>
> That notwithstanding, we have some fun over here.

Just top add to Tom's comments...  we both subscribe to the IBMWR list. My
finding is that this Oilheads list is less political and more friendly than
the IBMWR list. Both are good lists, though.

I guess I'm the one who is going to bait this thread: Tell us about your
R1100RT. Does it surge? That's a common thread on both lists, but it has
been dying off in recent years with the introduction of dual spark Oilheads.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada