RE: Question about 2002 R1150RT

Tandy,
If your RT is pre-cat then I think I would stick with it.  You also have the
nice ducted oil cooler vents taking heat away from your body in hot weather
into the passing airstream.  Also a well chosen 5th gear ratio that you can
use all day on a trip if you want to.  I'm not even going to go into the
hydraulic clutch or the "boosted brakes" discussion (solutions for
non-existing problems)

There seems to be a murmer about clutch spline problems with the 2002 RT's.
They went to a smaller diameter clutch plate with the 1150's and I note that
they are back now with the latest models to the original Oilhead diameter
(don't know about the spline diameter or number of splines).
Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
'96 R850R ~79k.km