  From: Tpcutter@xxxxxxx
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 3:02 PM
  Subject: Re: R1100S questions

  In a message dated 9/26/05 2:51:52 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
  kbhadden@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  <<Steve,  Thank You,  Thank You, Thank You.  Your comment below has
  answered a long standing  question for me.  All my life, people have
  asked me if I'm from  Canada.  Never understood why.  But I do say
  'aboot'.  Or, at  least a close approximation.  This comes from my
  mothers side, where  her parents came over from Scotland.  They had the
  full accent, and my  Mom picked up a bunch of odd pronunciations,
  'aboot' among them.  So  perhaps I picked up a bit of that, and there is
  why people ask me that  question all the time.

  Funny how these things just come out of the wood  work when your not
  looking for them.  Thanks  again.>>

  My kids comment that I say "aboot" and "oot" for  "out". I grew up in
  Centeral New Hampshire, aboot 100 miles from Canada, and  there was a pretty healthy
  Canuckian population by us. I kind of like the way  they talk. Always makes me
  feel like I'm among friends, for some strange reason.  Maybe because they
  always are offering hospitality. That's a nice thing,  eh?

  Tom Cutter
  Yardley, PA
  http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com