  From: andrew johnson
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 8:26 PM
  Subject: Re: R1200GS

  At 8:13 PM -0400 9/26/05, Bob Hadden wrote:
  >My comfort issue is with the hands and angle of the grips. The seat
  >is as with any Beemer. Go aftermarket. I got a Rocky Mayer seat, and
  >it's a big improvement over stock.
  >
  >Maybe I just need more time on the bike to have it grow on me more.
  >
  >Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27

  It's unfortunate that Ricardo Kuhn has stopped making his risers that
  adapt Pro-Taper bars to Oilheads. I have these bars on my GS, and
  they were a fantastic upgrade from stock.

  http://diesel.smugmug.com/photos/661993-M-1.jpg

  I hear that the R12GS bars are better than before, but still leave
  your wrists at awkward angles. Other vendors may pick up this market,
  we'll see.

  - Andrew