RE: Reserve Light

Doesn't the float only control the actual gas gauge while the low fuel
light is controlled by a separate sensor and circuit?

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of John Dancoe
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:22 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Reserve Light

"Sioux Harris" vsharris@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Earlier this summer I went in and changed the fuel filter inside the
tank.
>Could I have accidentally bumped something in there??

Very likely. In fact, it is very hard not to accidentally bend or stress
the float rod, and thereby affect the float's range of motion, which
could cause exactly this problem.

Short of removing the filter/pump assembly again and trying to see
what's wrong, here are 3 ideas that *might* work (or might jam it more
firmly in place; it's a crapshoot):

Removing the filler neck and fishing around with a piece of wire Banging
on the tank with the flat of your hand Sloshing the fuel inside around
as vigorously as possible

Good luck.

Regards,
John D