Re: Broken bag mount.

In a message dated 10/14/05 12:18:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
schinkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I can fabricate an aluminum piece and connect it with bolts through the
bag,
 I think.  Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Same thing happened to me,  just the vertical portion of the hook broke, not
the horizontal.  You can buy the inner bag half without the mechanism and it's
not too bad $ wise, I'll probably get one in the spring.  I needed the bag
for a trip so what I did was drill two little holes in positions that allowed me
to use heavy duty wire ties to hold the bag, since the the horizontal part of
the hook's still there they only need to hold the bag inwards, not support
any weight.  No longer easy on/off but got me through a long weekend trip OK.

Cheers
Paul
NJ