  From: BeemerGary2@xxxxxxx
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:37 PM
  Subject: Re: ABS

  In a message dated 11/10/2005 8:08:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
  robert.silas@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  I saved the life of a bicycle rider who turned suddenly in front of me. The
  price was, a worn off valve cover and handle bar end and damage to my clothing.
   I don't think that I could do this with ABS, however to me, it is safer to
  have a low-sider than hit something head on and fly over it.

  Bob,
  Are you REALLY intending to say that a metal valve cover, rubber handle bar
  end and clothing material has greater stopping power than a set of brakes
  stopping the rotation of rubber tires making contact with pavement?
  Gary Prickett
  Mission Viejo, CA