Re: Autolite 3923 washer

In a message dated 11/11/05 8:12:30 AM Eastern  Standard Time,
r11rider@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I usually apply some anti-seize  to my brake caliper bolts before
torquing after a front tire change.   Now that seems to be a bad idea
too!  Should I just throw that stuff  out (and buy some new caliper bolts)?

John-

Clean off the bolts and apply them dry. Torque to the recommended torque.
Same  situation applies. If they are coated with anti-seize, reduce the torque
wrench  setting by 25-30%.

Tom Cutter
Yardley,  PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com