Re: ABS

Hello Tom,

From: <Tpcutter@xxxxxxx>

> In a message dated 11/10/05 1:12:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> wateredg@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Tests have shown that Joe Average on an  ABS-equipped street bike can stop
> in
> a shorter distance on a rain-slicked  road than compared to a Brake God on
> the same bike (but non-ABS) under  identical conditions. >>
>
> Where are these test results for motorcycles?

I've seen them in motorcycling magazines, the most recent one in Cycle
Canada within the past 18 months or so (I believe). They tested a variety of
conditions, with a variety of rider types, including world-class racers (AKA
"Braking Gods"). Sorry I don't have the info readily available.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada