Re: Autolite 3923 washer

In a message dated 11/11/2005 5:46:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Tpcutter@xxxxxxx writes:
Changing the sliding resistance of  a thread by adding
lubrication changes the clamping force obtained with the same  turning force.
Therefore, if you lubricate a thread, you MUST adjust your torque  wrench
setting
accordingly.

As recently as  three years ago, Bosch, NGK and Champion all specifically
stated in their  websites to NOT use anti-Seize on spark plugs. For some
reason
that I cannot  begin to guess, they have removed those recommendations. So
that
is the who and  how.

Tom,
Thank you. The questions I asked are now answered. I will change my way of
thinking about the use of anti-seize compounds.
Gary Prickett
Mission Viejo, CA