Re: Autolite 3923

I don't think you need to change plugs because the wore our anymore.
In the car, if you try to go 100k on the same plug, you may not be able
to get the thing out without doing damage.  I change at 50k before they
get corroded in place.  Seems to work.

On Nov 11, 2005, at 4:06 PM, Minor, Bob wrote:

> <snip>  The
> consensus on an automotive forum I belong to is that the better
> platinum
> plugs can go 60K with little or no degradation in performance.  Some of
> the auto manufacturers specify 100K intervals but most agree that's a
> bit over the top.

One other comment on the valve adjusting thread.  Someone mentioned the
valve clatter.  Most of the valve clatter is not from the valve
adjustment, but rather from the end gap adjustment.  This is covered on
the IBMWR site, and probably in OVAD also.  Setting this gap carefully
really quiets the motor down a bunch.

Lots of good info in the last few days. Looks like riding season is
ending for many of us.  Let's see how long we can stay civil before the
winter blues set in ;-))

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27