RE: How to make your EVO (powered) brakes less grabby (ergos)

Getting closer to the issue..... interface.

I don't know if my little write-up on bike ergonomics (begins with "The
throttle is a study in ergonomics...") has appeared on IBMWR yet (sent
in months ago). In it, I discuss some ways of making the person/bike
interface behave better.

Apropos braking, there are two problems with the throttle that come to
mind. First, the grip is too small in diameter and not shaped for your
(and I mean YOUR) hand. An easy fix is to wrap elliptical cross-section
bicycle handlebar tape. This is real nice as a material (the high-class
brands are rubberized cork) and can be wound to a suitable shape by
canny overlapping.

Second, there is a strong force at the butterfly end that pulls the
throttle closed. That may not sound like an impediment to braking!
Indeed, if you become unstuck from the bike, right helpful. But
ordinarily, finesse and ease are the desired attributes, not fighting
strong forces all day. A counter-force spring is the solution.

Cheers.

Ben

Ben Barkow, Toronto... 39 seasons on Beemers, 44 as a biker

1961 R69s/rod, 1967-1999... really sup'ed up and fast

1984 R80RT/rod, 1998-2005  5 extra peak ponies in a wider flatter power
band,
   much modified 2-into-1 exhaust, CR 9.5, Keihin PJ 34mm oval carbs,
   Uni filter, dual-rate springs with cartridge emulators, BT45/S11,
Saeng fairing

1999 R1100S, 2004- Leo Vince exh, JetHot coatings, Techlusion 1031,
   large sticky foam filter, TB balance tube, 26 inch windscreen, air
horns, Diablo Stratas