Front brake pads rattle

  I had my front brake pads replaced (at a moto tire shop) and since then I have heard a rattling noise.  At first I thought it was a suspension issue, but I was been told by another GS rider that it is probably the pads rattling.  When I gently ride the front brake, the rattle goes away. In previous bikes there has been a thin leave spring which lightly presses down on the pads and keeps them quiet.  I looked at the website with the microfiche and I do not see any such device.  It appears there is one in the rear, but not the front.
  Any advice?
  GS 1100
  dean