From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BMW Oilhead List <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 06:05:21 -0600
Subject: Or.....

Sure, see the big Tampa clutch job...Or you could leave with me this morning for Deals Gap. I'm in a Western Chicago suburb where it's +6F according to my clock. Suiting up and gettting ready to go about 12 miles west to breakfast. I'm lucky. One guy has a 1.5 hour ride to get to the restaurant.

Bring the right equipment.

I've got Gerbings gloves and jacket liner under heavy leather jacket, 3 pairs longies silk then two poly pro under leather pants. Heated grips AND seat. Tires inflated 5 pounds over to compensate for the cold temps outside my garage. 10-40 non synth oil...hope its thin enough. We should be out of this before the bike has to sit more than an hour and a half, so I'm counting on a bit warmer weather down south.

We're heading straight south to I-64 then east to Lexington. Hope we're going far enough South to cut over. We're meeting a guy in Lexington, so we're pretty much stuck with this, I think.

This is my 5th year at this and this is the coldest it's been so far.

Why me?

- -TB