Re: Or..... (or PSI and temperature)

Tom,

Here's one of those things that makes me think, but I may have misunderstood
you.

I never increase PSI in cold tires to compensate for ambient temperature.  I
only compensate for warmed-up tires by adding 10% in order to reach the
recommended or desired cold tire PSI.  I apply this to car and bike tires.
The way I've seen it, the density of all cold air isn't the issue, but
rather, the relative density between the air inside and outside the tire,
regardless of temperature.  Am I out in left field?

Thanks.

I wish I was heading down that way!

Fred