Re: 2004 R1100S Fuses

Hello Paige ,

From: <plpklt@xxxxxxx>

> I think the R11s must have the worst electrical system
> ever put on a beemer.  My son melted the entire back
> section of wiring down,  That was fun sorting that mess
> out.  They use the smallest gauge wiring and it seems to
> melt right down to the connectors so it is hard to splice
> in a new section of wire.

I don't understand the nature of your problem. I've had two R1100Ses, and
put tens of thousands of miles on them, all without a hint of any sort of
issue, including electrical. I wired in a GPS, intercom, and accessory plug
(twice, once on each bike), all without any hint of issues.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada