Re: New info on R1200S, R1200GS Adventure, K1200GT, F800ST

Hello Clive,

From: "Clive Liddell" <cliddell@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Wayne, Steve and all,
>
> It seems to me that sanity has prevailed on the R1200S and, should this
> simplified ABS system be offered on the RT  I, for one, would probably
> take
> a closer look at or even a test drive on one.   I am sure the bleeding
> would
> also be as easy as pie!
>
> I would need to be convinced of the HOT weather heat management off the
> oil
> cooler to convince me to become serious though...

Cycle Canada recently reviewed several of the best touring bikes around,
namely the Honda ST1300, the Yamaha FJR1300, and the BMW R1200RT. Although
all are world-class tourers, each with their own strengths and areas of
desired improvement (according to each writer), the BMW came out as the
clear winner (by a wide margin) when it came to hot weather heat management
and how it affects the rider (or not).

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada