Whereabouts

Minor, Bob wrote:
> Where did everybody go?

Riding/camping for Spring Break :>

Went to central Texas / Leakey area from down south, near Corpus.
Highway 337 et al (Bandera to Leakey) was a blast, and I got the whole
50-minute thing filmed from the top of my tankbag going east-west.

Just rendered the dvd... The size of your grin is directly proportional
to how close you stick your face to the TV screen.

Highway 336 was even better than 337, imho. It was curvy enough to be
spirited and fun, but not so tight that you had to ignore all the beauty
around you, and there was a better variety of scenery and more solitude.
The only drawback was about 15 cattle guards, but they were easy enough
to skip over at speed, and none placed too close to a curve to cause a
possible slip over the metal pipes. There were a couple of cows hanging
out at the very side of the road, but they didn't flinch as I
approached/passed so that was alright by me.

There was a rally in Bandera, and I saw a few oilheads from Louisiana
(1150R, 1200C, 1100RT), and two airheads (white RS, black R) from Texas.
  I didn't hang around to see how the rally was - had to get to the
campsite in time to check in.

The rest of the weekend was hiking, tubing, etc, with a few rides thrown
in the mix. Then, a misty ride home with a torrential layover in Austin
as the most recent front blew through complete with tornado warnings and
hail. Got drenched making it to the hotel, but it felt great to be out
in the rain in my ventmax.

Life is good.

Mark