Re: OUCH!

In a message dated 4/19/06 1:59:25 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
absdoug@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Old BMW Airhead... brakes worked  like shit, dry-rotted tire. I volunteered
to bed in the brakes as we did a  Frankenstein deal, taking old, known to be
good parts, to put the bike right. At  some point I locked up the front wheel
and fell. Full gear head to toe.  Collarbone broke (I think the helmet did it).
I'll make a 100% recovery, but  this sucks. I've been native... I thought a
fall at 25-30 mph was no big deal  (with gear). Fuckin' OUCH! My hip is black.
The broken bones bump into each  other <chills>.
Also really starting to think ABS  is even MORE important then I thought.
This would never happen on my ABS  equipped bike!>>

I did a front-wheel washout  under heavy braking about a month ago at
Virginia International Raceway, during  a race. Felt like it ripped my left thimb
clear off.  OUCH.

I wish my GSXR had ABS!

Tom  Cutter
Yardley, PA